Job Title: Instructional Designer
Duration: 3+ months
Location: REMOTE FROM HOME
Contractor will create instructor-led and web-based training courses for delivery in workshops, classrooms, and online through the Learning Management System. Develops training material using existing content and input from subject matter experts. Designs online content to include audio, video, and interactive elements.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• 3 years of instructional design experience.
• Experience working in a collaborative and team-based environment
• Technical knowledge of instructional design theories and experience in e-learning methodologies and curriculum development
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate
• Intermediate knowledge of graphics software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
• Familiar with publishing courses to meet Learning Management System (LMS) requirements (SCORM 1.2)
• Familiar with publishing learning content in Workday
• Intermediate understanding of how a Learning Management System (LMS) functions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creates new classroom, e-learning (courses with interactive audio, video, and animation), and blended training programs, and conforms to established standards and styles.
• Develops and coordinates training programs, certifications, and curriculums with various subject matter experts and projects including the company-wide safety training program.
• Maintains, updates, and edits existing training courses and programs.
• Works with employees to resolve issues with specific online courses or with the learning management system, and follow-up to ensure the resolution is acceptable.
• Works with internal subject matter experts to collect content, identify objectives, design course interactions, and create test questions.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may appropriate.
• Experience in managing client relationships and complex writing projects.
• Technical knowledge and working experience in Learning methodologies and curriculum development
• 4-year degree in Education, English, Graphic Design or related field
• 3 years of related work experience in Learning & Development, instructional design, or related field.
• Experience in conducting meetings with SMEs and internal clients.
• Experience in course design for web and computer-based learning, self-paced
• Proficient in the use of various software applications related to integrating technology into instruction including:
o Articulate Storyline
o Adobe Captivate
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY TO INCLUDE:
• Multimedia development tools
• Learning Management Systems
• Experience in course design for online learning, self-paced
Resourcing Lead, Professional Services
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 717-412-1400
© Greater Richmond ATD