Benefits of Programming for an eLearning Developer When you know how to do something, you have a skill. When you understand how something works, you can alter that knowledge and adapt it for your best uses. This gives you confidence and the ability to grow. This idea applies to all things, including eLearning development.
All eLearning developers should learn to program. As eLearning developers, understanding how to program helps us:
- Gain a better understanding of triggers and variables in standard eLearning tools.
- Develop cleaner interactions with better problem-solving.
- Communicate better with developers, LMS admins, and IT.
- Enhance our e-learning courses.
- Work outside of standard e-learning tools
In this session, participants will discover:
- Three programming languages that are easy to use and learn that will have an immediate impact on their current work
- How programming can be used to enhance their current eLearning courses
- Resources to learn how to program
Email Charles.Zoffuto@Tridium.com for registration information.
About the Presenter:
Alex Jones is an instructional designer and eLearning developer at CarMax in Richmond, Va. Alex has worked in retail, higher education, and consulting. Alex is a proud graduate and “Double Duke” from James Madison University and a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.